Monday, April 13, 2009

Keyword Crash Course April Mid-Month Update

Well, April has definitely gotten off to a rocky start. I registered all my sites the last week of February so they are almost 2 months old now. It certainly seems like I've been working on them longer than that!

So far this month I've earned $13.81 in Adsense from all my sites. I was hoping to earn at least $40 for the month of April because it would give me my first Adsense check. But I think it's gonna be kinda close. In March things really started to kick in mid-month but I think that's because my sites were still pretty new and Google was ranking them a little higher then they are now. Now that the honeymoon is over Google is no longer interested and my sites have to start earning their keep in the rankings.

It was really fun though--one day I earned over $6 in Adsense and you would've thought I won the lottery. :-) I can't even imagine what it feels like to earn $100/day. Right now my goal is to get to $25/day. If I could accomplish that by my birthday (July 2nd) it would be the best present EVER!

Another problem I encountered was possible smart pricing on one of my sites. Last month the site was getting pretty reasonable click earnings but then all of a sudden after April 1st it started getting the dreaded $0.04 and $0.02 clicks. As a precautionary measure I pulled Adsense off the site. Kind of a bummer though since this is the site that currently ranks the highest for its main keyword (#12) and is getting the most traffic from all my sites (today I got 9 unique visitors and 28 page views).

Just to see what happens I put a couple of Amazon widgets on the site instead. Maybe next month I'll consider replacing them with Adsense again. The whole smart pricing thing really freaks me out though.

Keeping up with the daily grind is starting to become difficult, especially when you don't see instant results. But I'm continuing to do something everyday, because something is better than nothing. I think now I have a feeling for which sites might have the most potential so I'm going to try and concentrate on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment